When you first start TWX3, you are required to create a new database. The Setup and Configuration dialog will launch automatically with the cursor in the database name combo-box. Just type a database name and press Tab or click out of the box to create your first database.
- Set your Database name - This is used to load a database and connect to a server.
- Configure your server information - This is used to allow clients to connect and connect to a server.
- Enter your login information - This is used by your login script to get you into the game.
- Use the settings tree to access all of you configuration options.
- Click Ok to save your database.
Next - Connect one or more clients and press "$c" or double click your tray icon to connect.
- Icon Select - This is the icon that will be displayed in the notification area and the taskbar.
- Address - The address of the server you want to connect to.
- Port - The Port and Protocol of the server you want to connect to.
- Clients - The Port and Protocol clients will use to connect to proxy.
- Game - The game letter of the desired game.
- Automatically start default bot - Check this box to launch your default bot automatically.
- Automatically Reconnect if Disconnected - Check this to automatically reconnect on disconnect.
- Delayed Start - Check this if the game is scheduled to start at a later date and time.
- Start Date and Time - The desired start date and time of this game.
Having different icons for each game will help you keep track of your games when you are playing more than one game. A different icon will be chosen for each new database you create. Press the select button to change the tray icon for this game.
Use the Address combo-box to easily connect to servers you have used before by clicking on the drop-down. You can also search the server list simply by typing part of the name or address of the server. TWX3 will also try to populate the port and protocol fields when you select a server.
The game combo-box will be auto-populated with the game letter and name if this is a TWGS v2.xx server. Press the refresh icon to connect to the server and reload the list. You may have noticed the absence of the Sectors field, which is no longer necessary because it is automatically detected.
Delayed Start, Start Date and Time will automatically be filled in if this is a TWGS v2.xx server and the game is scheduled to start at a later date.
- Use Login Script - Check this box if you would like to use a login script.
- Login Script - The name of the login script. Login.ts is provided for general use.
- Login Name - The name that will be used to login to TWGS.
- Trader Name - The name that will be used when creating an in-game character.
- Password - The password that will be used to login to TWGS.
- SubSpace - The subspace channel that will be set by the login script
- TW Passport - Enter your TW Passport from the ClassicTW Forum.
- Game Password - This password is used if the Game-Op has set game password.
- Ship Name - The name that will be given to your ship.
- Home Planet - The name that will be given to your home planet if you receive one.
- Join Corporation - Check this box if you are joining an existing corporation.
- Create (CEO) - check this box if you would like to create the corporation.
- Corp Name - The came of the corporation to create / join.
- password - The password for the corporation.
- Always get settings - Check this box to check settings on every login.
- Read Today's Log - Check this box to read today's log when logging in.
- Read Offline Messages - Check this box to read offline messages when logging in.
- Clear Messages - Check this box to clear messages when logging in.
- Clear Avoids - Check this box to clear avoid when logging in.
- Land on Terra - Check this box to land on terra after login.
- Save as Default - Check this box if you would like this login information to be saved as your default login information.
Note: If you are using Mombot, leave the use login script box unchecked and launch Mombot before connecting to the server. Mombot will still use your login information, but handles logging in and re-logging automatically. You will also want to leave automatically reconnect unchecked as Mombot handles reconnects internally. Archie's Zedbot and Quantum Quebot both use the standard login script.